Wednesday 24 October 2012

The Next Big Thing: Tina's Work in Progress

Last week, I tagged writer Tina K Burton, giving her the task of talking about her latest work in progress. Tina doesn't have her own blog, although you can find out more about her on her Amazon author's page, so I invited her to visit me and answer her questions here instead. So welcome Tina:

What is the working title of your book?

Born To Love Me.

 Where did the idea for the book come from?

A weird dream I had.

What genre does your book fall under?

It’s a psychological thriller, but also a love story in a twisted kind of way.

What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie of your book?

I have no idea but I’d want British character actors not celebrities.

What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?

Genetic scientist Elizabeth is devastated when her husband is killed in a car-crash and will do anything to get him back, but in doing so, she doesn’t realise what a dangerous character she has created.

Will your book be self published or represented by an agency?

I’d like to seek agency representation, but if I have no luck then I’ll self publish.

What other books would you compare the story to in your genre?

It’s like The Time Traveler’s Wife in that it’s a kind of sci-fi love story, but it has a twisted edge to it.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

It’s dark and intriguing, but you also feel for the main character because even though what she does is horrific, you understand why. It has many layers – at times it’s quite scary, but at others very sad.
 
**********************************************************************

Thanks, Tina, for dropping by; I'm looking forward to reading 'Born to Love Me' when it's published.
 
This game of tag seems to be coming to an end, but if any writers out there missed out, give me a shout via the comment box and we'll tag you for next week.
 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting, and I'm pleased to hear you'll be looking for British character actors for the movie :-)

    Thank you for sharing Tina, and thank you Elizabeth, for sharing your blog.

    ReplyDelete